[En-Nut-Discussion] Can anyone check httpd example on AT91SAM7X-EK?

Ulrich Prinz uprinz2 at netscape.net
Wed Nov 3 23:28:45 CET 2010

Hey, this is an emergency call :)

I had an old archive of an early 4.9.9.0 trunk where I did some other
work at on my private at91sam7x-ek for improving DHCP. I flashed the
httpd binary that was already available form my experiments and it works.

Then I merged the bugfixes arpcache.c and tcpsm.c from Harald and
hwmaier. Rebuild, Recompile, Flash:

Nut/OS 4.9.9.0 HTTP Daemon...Registering device failed
Configure eth0...failed
192.168.10.130 ready

Looking at the LEDs the PHY isn't initialized correctly or something
like that. It will be the same behavior I had at work, where the first
packet sent to the board throws the EMAC or the PHY. But in my example
the DHCP is active and therefore the things explode right at the beginning.

Ok, I reverted the two fixes and recompiled again...

Nut/OS 4.9.9.0 HTTP Daemon...Registering device failed
Configure eth0...failed
192.168.10.130 ready

So, now I cannot recreate the first original working version.
All compile runs where with arm-elf-gcc version 4.4.2
I switched to arm-none-eabi-gcc version 4.5.1 and tried again: Not
working too.

Actually I have no idea what is going wrong there but I need to get the
at91sam7x-ek working...

Any idea or help?