[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut not running stable

Ulrich Prinz uprinz2 at netscape.net
Wed Nov 17 23:15:03 CET 2010

Hi Erich,

Am 17.11.2010 21:57, schrieb Erich:
> hi,
>
> i dont have the httpd running it crashes from network traffic itself.
>
> ping is enought, ~ 50 pings, flood ping kills it immediatly.

Yes, that's what I said. If you start the httpd example and if you just
request some http data while running your pings, it doesn't crash. If
you don't request tcp or udp data, it crashes immediately.

I have to check with my EIR if it crashes too if it just boots up an did
not get any data from radio stations before.
Then it is a problem in the stack and not the emac. But there was a
problem reported that seems to be in the same corner. It was said, that
lowering the tcp threads priority below the emac threads priority acts
as a workaround.

Nevertheless I try to find the bug and fix it. But I was starting on the
PHY side of the at91_emac code and it doesn't make sense to leave
everything and start on the other side again. But I try my very best.

If someone else starts some deeper investigation please contact me
and/or keep us up to date.

Best regards
Ulrich