[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut not running stable

Thiago A. Corrêa thiago.correa at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 10:38:33 CET 2010

Hi Ulrich,

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 8:15 PM, Ulrich Prinz <uprinz2 at netscape.net> wrote:

> If someone else starts some deeper investigation please contact me
> and/or keep us up to date.

While I was porting the EMAC for avr32, I used the AT91 as basis,
since they are almost identical.
I noticed on the AT91 there was a bit enabled that makes it act as in
Promiscuos mode, according to AVR32 documentation. So, the hardware
would not filter out the network traffic that wasn't intended to it.

Since I don't have AT91 hardware to test, I didn't change it in AT91
code, just in AVR32 driver, and made a patch for at91. It should be in
the SF tracker.

It may help with this problem.

Kind regards,
    Thiago A. Correa