[En-Nut-Discussion] Tons of trailing spaces in our source code

Ulrich Prinz uprinz2 at netscape.net
Wed Oct 13 20:31:34 CEST 2010

Hi!

Yipppea! That's one of my wishes for long time: Fight the trailing spaces!

Yes, my editor is auto-removing them, but not selective. If I change one
single character in a file, with the next save the whole file is
cleaned. And I keep that option on as long as there is one of them left
in the whole code.

But I am using Nut/OS mostly under Windows so I have a fortune. I use
Tortoise SVN and I do not click Commit->OK, but since some times I only
start the commit and then doubleclick all files and check if they only
contain space-fixes. In that case I deselect them and commit them in a
separate run. Might be an idea for you other guys too?

But, Harald, it's not only you who introduces new trailing spaces, there
are others too. I don't want to point out, but one of them is really
busy in the AVR32 scene :)

Best regards
Ulrich