[En-Nut-Discussion] Unified GPIO implementation

Ulrich Prinz uprinz2 at netscape.net
Mon Oct 25 20:57:54 CEST 2010

Hi!

Am 25.10.2010 20:32, schrieb Thiago A. Corrêa:

> Do you have the new interface in the cortex port branches? If it
> implements it the old way, we can merge it in trunk then merge it in
> ugpio.
> No need to keep all branches really up to date.

I for now kept the old way for the GPIO. I did not add the new options.
Some other things where more important for the business things. But if
you start the ugpio I will upgrade from ugpio to stm32 and then we can
go to trunk. For me we can go to trunk with the stm32 in a few days,
with or without EMAC support. I can add this easily as we parted the
archives really good.

Yes, that might be the best way, so I have no open branches enymore and,
if I see that right, I do not have to modify things that break up the
whole Nut/OS even for other architectures. (I will have a special view
to I2C, cause there changed the basic structure)

> Since this could break some platforms, I thought it would be best to
> stage it in a branch first.
Yes, right idea. Try it first on the branch, then upgrade all
architectures and let Harald run his build-everything script.
If that works, merge back to trunk.

>> If you can get the GPIO system working in the meanwhile I will go this way:
>> ugpio->trunk->devnut_m3n->trunk
>>

> It isn't too much work to simply satisfy the specs. It can be
> optimized on each platform later after the merge, as long as the
> public interface doesn't change.

Hehe, that was the intention!

Best regards
Ulrich