[En-Nut-Discussion] FW: AVR32 / ARM support

Ulrich Prinz uprinz2 at netscape.net
Tue Sep 28 23:02:30 CEST 2010

Hi!

UC3A is not Cortex but AVR32, so its up to you Thiago :)

No, just kidding. There is a small group of people active in this list
that try to give their best of supporting usual and unusual requests
around Nut/OS. So it should not be a problem to get answers.

Some people use Nut/OS as it is and throw in their own pieces of code,
even they ask some questions, you don't see them back in here as soon as
the problems are solved. You don't see any code or drivers coming in
from them too. We support them cause we like Nut/OS and the ideas behind
it... and may be cause we are nice guys :)

Others try to split companies IPs and general code and the latter they
give back to the community, what we all appreciate very much. These
people we really love to support!

Ok, so I am actually porting Nut/OS for STM32 and Thiago already did
this for AVR32. I will add some AT91SAM9 derivate in near future and
there is an LPC2xxx series waiting for me. But first I need to finish my
display driver library for all those OLEDs and LCDs.

The network...
I will definitely implement the MII driver for STM32 and support all
those PHYs that are used on the STM32 and Olimex dev-kits coming with
STM32. And I'd like to support IPV6 for Nut/OS. So if there is need for
help, write me. I need to add https and may be SSH support for these
faster CPUs too.

The problem with all those projects are, that there should be someone
responsible for it, take it and keep it alive. With STM32 and some other
drivers I just asked, no one answered and then I started it in my way.
Now people are jumping in and support. But I know I have to keep the
things running. I cannot add another work package as a 'manager' but I
can support. So if you need
- SVN Access, repositories, branches e.t.c. I can do that
- Have questions about do's and dont's in Nut/OS I can help
- Write some API and / or twitch some pieces out of the hardware, no
problem.
Lot of other guys in the list here can do the same. (May be besides the
SVN management)

So, if there is someone who likes to manage the IPV6 for Nut/OS project:
Give me a ping!

I don't have any AVR32 board... Oh, thats not right, I have a
AVR32AP7000 with audio, LCD and running Linux.

Best regards
Ulrich