[En-Nut-Discussion] How to post to this list

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Sat Apr 16 16:41:35 CEST 2011

Hi all,

some of you may not be aware of threads in this list, but many readers can't live without. When setting up the email client correctly, you can view this list similar to

http://lists.egnite.de/pipermail/en-nut-discussion/2011-April/thread.html

However, this will only work, if all posters follow 2 simple rules:

- If answering a post, then use the reply function of your mail client and answer that specific post.
- If you want to post a new topic, do _not_ answer to another post, but send a new message to the list.

If you check the given link above, you will easily notice, that new threads were started inside other threads. Many readers, including me, who view mailing lists by threads will not always recognize these new topics.

Second issue: When in a hurry, it is often too time consuming to figure out, what the poster is saying in which context. It would be most helpful for all readers, if all posters follow these rules when replying:

- Use interleaved posting
- Trim the original text. Leave only the parts that are relevant.

More infos at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_posting

I'm aware that these rules may differ from the conventions used in our private/company email. But undoubtly they will allow every reader to spend less time on reading this list, leaving more time to write great open source software.

"Thank you for your cooperation. Good night."