[En-Nut-Discussion] devnut_stm32: error when compiling

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Sat Apr 16 18:46:08 CEST 2011

Hi Uwe,

On 4/12/2011 3:15 PM, Uwe Bonnes wrote:

> After updating doxygen to 1.7.4 there was no more SIGSEGV.
>
> Perhaps the requirement for a recent doxygen should be listed explicit...

In general, building Nut/OS is not depending much on the version of the
tools used. GCC is a famous exception, as each version becomes more
strict. Because our Makefiles do not allow warnings when building the
OS, it is often required to step back to an older GCC version. As an
alternative you can remove the -Werror option from Makevars.gcc (in
Nut/OS 4.9).

Also wxWidget becomes a show stopper during the last years and we will
probably move to Qt soon, which looks less critical regarding long term
compatibility.

Doxygen shouldn't crash on newer or older configuration files. If it
does... well... what can I say?

In any case, if there are problems with certain tools, the configure
script allows to exclude them, if they are optional as explained on page
18 of

http://www.ethernut.de/pdf/enswm28e.pdf

Try

  ./configure --help

In your case the option --disable-html-docs should have helped.

On the other hand, I agree, that many problems could be avoided by a
more detailed documentation and users are often unsure, which version of
the tools they should install. "Any you like" is not always the right
answer.

PS: The Wiki at
http://www.ethernut.de/nutwiki/
is looking for volunteers. If you solved an Ethernut related problem, do
not hesitate to create a page and write a short or detailed report about
your experience. Even a link to your own webpage is highly appreciated.
If you can't register or want to upload images, send me a private email.