[En-Nut-Discussion] Building NutOS (especially qnutconf) using Autotools

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Wed Aug 17 16:16:46 CEST 2011

On 8/10/2011 3:34 AM, Ole Reinhardt wrote:

> ./autogen and ./configure in the root folder or in each seperate folder
> of each tool.

As stated previously, compiling and installing worked so far.

However, while trying to create the source package for the next release
I got stuck. Hopefully someone can help. I'm not that good with Linux
and autotools.

With the old version 4.8 I ran

 ./reconf
 ./configure
 make
 make distcheck

which tests the build and, if everything went well, creates the source
package, read for distribution. Possibly, when running on a fresh tree,
I needed to run

 ./reconf
 automake --add-missing

first. Now make distcheck fails with

*** No rule to make target `INSTALL', needed by `distdir'.

May be related to this: How can I completely clean the tree again, so
that 'svn stat' will not reported new files? Previously I used 'make
maintainer-clean', which still works. But it doesn't really clean
everything. Is there any other simple way to do this?

Last question: Ole recommended to call

 ./autogen

and

 ./configure

(I assume he meant ./autogen.sh, because there is no ./autogen).
But is ./configure really required? I have the impression that it
executes the same procedures as ./autogen.sh does.

Btw. no emergency. Linux users may download the tree from the repository.

Thanks,