[En-Nut-Discussion] TCP/IP problems with httpd

Bernd Walter enut at cicely.de
Tue Jan 11 14:59:36 CET 2011

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 11:35:20AM +0100, Ole Reinhardt wrote:
> Hi Ulrich,
>
> > If only one could jump in and help. Ole, Harald, couldn't we concentrate
> > on that thing and nail that thing down before any next release and other
> > updates and improvements? I think for an ETHERnut a working stack is
> > sort of essential... :)
>
> We discussed this problem a few days ago too. We should do further tests
> on an 8 bit platform to check out if the problem might result from an
> word size incompatibility. The AVR32 emac is more or less the same code
> as the AT91 emac. Isn't it? So AVR32 might not be the best architecture
> to confirm the problem.

I don't know the code, but the controller should be the same.
It is just that some older ARM have a few different requirements,
e.g. the RM9200's EMAC can't do unaligned DMA and needs RBNA workaround.

> Btw: Andre, didn't you confirmed the problem with your SAM7SE board
> using the DM9000 controller?
>
> We should realy fix this problem as I also need to release the BSP for
> our eNet-sam7X board wich will be based on a Nut/OS for sure :) So I
> could spend some time next week to evaluate the problem but I'm
> currently limited to a SAM7X

Is this a new problem?
I never noticed something like this on my SAM7X boards with 4.9.8, but
I had no time to try top of tree yet.

--
B.Walter <bernd at bwct.de> http://www.bwct.de