[En-Nut-Discussion] TCP/IP problems with httpd

Thiago A. Corrêa thiago.correa at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 15:11:17 CET 2011

Hi Ole,

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 8:35 AM, Ole Reinhardt
<ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de> wrote:

> We discussed this problem a few days ago too. We should do further tests
> on an 8 bit platform to check out if the problem might result from an
> word size incompatibility. The AVR32 emac is more or less the same code
> as the AT91 emac. Isn't it? So AVR32 might not be the best architecture
> to confirm the problem.

Well, with AVR32 I have better debug capabilities (the IDE doesn't
crash as much), and I was able to breakpoint at diferent levels of the
EMAC driver, TCP stack and user code. Also, given that apparently UDP
is working properly, I'm much more suspicious of the upper stack than
the hardware specific drivers.

Btw, I don't see hangs as Ulrich said. But I think r3170 could cause
hangs in 32 bits platforms as it doesn't care for alignment issues.
Also, I can't wrap my mind around the need of that change.

I have an ethernut1 based board here at hand, I will try to load httpd
example into it.

Kind Regards,
    Thiago A. Correa