[En-Nut-Discussion] TCP/IP problems with httpd

Thiago A. Corrêa thiago.correa at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 04:21:02 CET 2011

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 11:27 PM, Bernd Walter <enut at cicely.de> wrote:

> I'm also often surprised how dirty company LANs can be.
> Some time from 4.9.8 to current the CAF flag was removed from AT91 EMAC
> setup, which effectively enable promiscuous mode on the interface.
> I don't know if 4.9.9 already has this corrected, but it means that the
> board has to handle unrelated multicast packets and in some environments
> even many packets for different hosts - you might be surprised how often
> switches don't have a switch entry for a given target and need to flood
> it around.
> You might want to verify the AVR32 EMAC driver about CAF flag.

I think it's the other way around, with the flag it enters promiscuos
mode. But I will double check the documentation.

Btw, I just tested on our ethernut1 based board with atmega128, and
the httpd example is running perfectly fine here. It's not a busy
network, and I haven't tried to flood it, but it's much more than what
I see in the AVR32 EVK1105 and from what Ulrich described, SAM7X.

Kind Regards,
    Thiago A. Correa