[En-Nut-Discussion] TCP/IP problems with httpd

Thiago A. Corrêa thiago.correa at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 05:09:02 CET 2011

Hi,

    Just a quick update on my email.

> On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 11:27 PM, Bernd Walter <enut at cicely.de> wrote:
>>
>> I'm also often surprised how dirty company LANs can be.
>> Some time from 4.9.8 to current the CAF flag was removed from AT91 EMAC
>> setup, which effectively enable promiscuous mode on the interface.
>> I don't know if 4.9.9 already has this corrected

I checked AVR32 and AT91SAM7X512/256/128 documentation. CAF means Copy
All Frames, and it shouldn't be enabled, otherwise the controller
enters promiscuos mode, and as Bernd said, the CPU has to handle all
network traffic.
This has been corrected in AT91, and AVR32 never had it enabled in the
repository.
It has not however been corrected in at91sam7x_emac.c which could
explain the stability problems in busy networks, but it doesn't
explain the network problems I'm seeing, with UDP based protocols
working but not ICMP or TCP.

Kind Regards,
    Thiago A. Correa