[En-Nut-Discussion] Question about subversion merging

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Tue Jul 19 08:56:23 CEST 2011

Hi Ulrich,

On 7/18/2011 11:35 PM, Ulrich Prinz wrote:
> I am afraid, but even I would not try to do an automated merge with
> these two branches. I prefer winmerge to do that job as there are many
> things 'just a bit' different.

I see. Well, I didn't expect a merge running through without manual
intervention. My first approach was to cherry-pick some changes to get
the branch in sync with the trunk and do the merge back to the trunk in
a second step.

How do you intend to proceed? Are you going to modify the trunk directly
by applying the changes from the branch?

> Give me just a little bit more time. I am actually trying to recompile
> qnutconf for linux and it works, I think.

No problem, there's always something else waiting. I'll continue on the
4.10 branch. Although prohibited, I'll add a few additions, which can be
easily applied on the trunk later. I think this is acceptable as long as
we do not have a final release.

Btw., did you notice, that Ole provided an autoconf'ed version of
qnutconf in the devnut_autotools_or branch?

> The versions of arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc do not know about CortexM3...

Last time I phoned with Ole, he told me that his arm-eCross-gcc build is
based on YAGARTO scripts. So it should be complete.
http://www.embedded-it.de/en/bsp/eCross.php