[En-Nut-Discussion] Question about subversion merging

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Wed Jul 20 10:22:16 CEST 2011

Hi Ulrich,

> Yes. Lets do everything with a big bang now, for all others we have a
> working branch and an installation packet.
> >
> > Btw., did you notice, that Ole provided an autoconf'ed version of
> > qnutconf in the devnut_autotools_or branch?
> >
> No, I got it today. But I was eager to see how linux performs. I had QT
> installed from the beginning and it had to show if it works. It works!

fine.

> >> The versions of arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc do not know about CortexM3...
> >
> > Last time I phoned with Ole, he told me that his arm-eCross-gcc build is
> > based on YAGARTO scripts. So it should be complete.
> > http://www.embedded-it.de/en/bsp/eCross.php
> >
> I was searching for the yagarto scripts but did not find them directly.
> So I used the manual way:)

My toolchain build scripts (the one to build the compiler itself) are
based on the Yagarto scripts. But you can download the ready to use
toolchain:

http://www.embedded-it.de/bsp-download/arm-eCross-eabi-2011-02-02.tar.gz

The script to build the toolchain by yourself are here:

http://www.embedded-it.de/bsp-download/arm-eCross-eabi-source-2011-02-02.tar.gz

Sure you still need the sources of the different tools, they can be
downloaded at our site too. See section "Source codes of the used
OpenSource components"

> With the new system the complete build needs
> below 10min, 4 cores running with -j5 option. It was fun to see that.

Cool.

> I have some little problems with the insigth debugger.
>
> But I'd prefer the yagarto version as it should output binary identical
> code compared the windows version.

Yes it should. eCross has some further options enabled (like the GOLD
linker) that are not available on Windows. But the code should be usable
with Yagarto anyway.

Bye,

Ole

--

Thermotemp GmbH, Embedded-IT

Embedded Hard-/ Software and Open Source Development,
Integration and Consulting

http://www.embedded-it.de

Geschäftsstelle Siegen - Steinstraße 67 - D-57072 Siegen -
tel +49 (0)271 5513597, +49 (0)271-73681 - fax +49 (0)271 736 97

Hauptsitz - Hademarscher Weg 7 - 13503 Berlin
Tel +49 (0)30 4315205 - Fax +49 (0)30 43665002
Geschäftsführer: Jörg Friedrichs, Ole Reinhardt
Handelsregister Berlin Charlottenburg HRB 45978 UstID DE 156329280