[En-Nut-Discussion] Nut/OS 4.10 branch created, please merge trunk with dev-branches

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Wed Jun 29 14:25:04 CEST 2011

Hi all,

in order not to let the current branches drifting away to far, I just
created a new branch for the next stable release 4.10. Maintenance on
the stable release will continue in this branch.

The trunk had been changed to version 4.99 and will become 5.0 when
branched for the stable release.

Major enhancements I'm expecting for 5.0:

- IPv6
- USB stack
- More targets, specifically Cortex-M3
- Less spectacular things like generic PHY support, multiple network
interfaces, target specific samples etc.

Please merge your currently active branches back to the trunk. We will
consider the trunk becoming unstable for a few weeks.

A big thank you from all of us to all of you for your ongoing support.

I'm sure, that the current project admins will agree, to grant Ulrich
Prinz' admin status.