[En-Nut-Discussion] WinAVR, Studio 4.18 and Ethernut 1.3H problem

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Tue Mar 8 14:40:24 CET 2011

Hi Karla,

On 3/7/2011 5:35 PM, Karla Gamez wrote:
> Press OK to launch the upgrade program fo perform a downgrade or
> Cancel

Clicking cancel, as you did, is the right way to proceed.

I'd recommend to use AVRDUDE, as explained at
http://www.ethernut.de/nutwiki/Ethernut_1.3_H
(Screencast 3)

> Getting isp parameter.. SD=0x98 .. OK ISP frequency must be 5 kHz or
> above when programming EEPROM or FLASH!
>
> I did change it before, i always do change it to 115.2 Khz, and i
> always get that error. I believe it has something to do with the
> firmware version, but i don´t know how to fix it.

Right, you need to upgrade the SP Duo firmware to 2.4. See
http://www.egnite.de/egnite-shop/programmierer/sp-duo-2.html
(Download section)
The archive contains a text file with further informations. You may also
look to
http://www.ethernut.de/en/isp/spduo.html

> preparations and (i believe is because i erased the flash) the
> terminal simulation program won´t give me anything when i reset the
> board with the space bar held down.

Right again, after erasing the firmware, Basemon is gone. There is a
Quick Start guide for Ethernut 2, which basically is valid for Ethernut
1 too:
http://www.egnite.de/produkte/ethernut-familie/ethernut-21-128.html

> I always get this error, also in the nutos configurator:
..
> c:/winavr/lib/gcc/../../avr/include/avr/pgmspace.h:223: error:
> expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before
> 'prog_uint64_t' testcode.c: In function 'NutAppMain': testcode.c:11:
> warning: implicit declaration of function '_ioctl' make.exe: ***
> [testcode.o] Error 1

I assume, that your configuration is incomplete. Note, that the platform
needs to be specified twice: In the Component Tree under Tools (GCC for
AVR) _and_ in the settings under Build->Platform.

Try to follow the screen casts on NutWiki step by step. This should work.

Btw. when changing Configurator Settings you not only need to rebuild
the system, but also create the sample directory again. Don't worry if
it already exists. It will retain any code changes you may have made in
the app directory, but simply update the related Makedefs.

> I know it´s a lot to ask, but it´s been a while since i´ve been
> having these problems. I hope you guys can help me out:/.

May look like this at a first glance, but you are on the right track.
Mainly you became confused by the problem with the latest AVR Studio 4.