[En-Nut-Discussion] WinAVR, Studio 4.18 and Ethernut 1.3H problem

Karla Gamez chipo_kikio at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 7 17:35:33 CET 2011

Hi, i´m new to this, and having tons of problems even after reading a bunch of guides.
Well, i´m using the  winavr2009, avr studio 4.18 and the board ethernut 1.3 rev-h with the atmega 128.
First off, i downloaded a few starter guides and couldn´t complete a single one, so i moved to the other....
At the end, here i am in avr studio 4, when i try to connect it, i get the following:

An STK500 with firmware version of 32.33 has been detected. The firmware
 version corresponding to this installation of AVR Studio is 2.0A .
Press OK to launch the upgrade program fo
perform a downgrade or Cancel
to continue without downgrading. NOTE: Correct operation is not
guaranteed if a downgrade is not performed. AVR Studio will close down.

I clic cancel and then the other window appears, i choose the atmega 128 and read signature ok, but when i try to program it says:

Getting isp parameter.. SD=0x98 .. OK
ISP frequency must be 5 kHz or above when programming EEPROM or FLASH!

I did change it before, i always do change it to 115.2 Khz, and i always get that error. I believe it has something to do with the firmware version, but i don´t know how to fix it.

I erased the flash memory already, but i wanna run the basemon.hex in the terminal simulation program (either tera term or hyper terminal), so i wanna program the flash with the basemon so i can start again, but it just won´t let me load the program.
Other issue i have is that i followed step by step the nutwiki ethernut 1.3H guide, the preparations and (i believe is because i erased the flash) the terminal simulation program won´t give me anything when i reset the board with the space bar held down.
Other error ipm getting is in the "HW Settings" tab when i´m connected to the stk500 in avrstudio,

"Get VTARGET: Command of no use for AVR ISP! FAILED!" And it won´t let me see any voltages, everythings greyish except for the "Read" and "Write" options.

I guess that i should mention also that the Make all in the Nutos configurator also failed, but i used the prebuild libraries.

Also, when i try to "Make all" in Winavr notepad´s, of the next code:
#include <dev/board.h>
#include <stdio.h>

int main(void)
{
    unsigned long baud = 115200;

    NutRegisterDevice(&DEV_DEBUG, 0, 0);

    freopen(DEV_DEBUG_NAME, "w", stdout);
    _ioctl(_fileno(stdout), UART_SETSPEED, &baud);

    printf("Hello World!");

    for(;;);

    return 0;
}

I always get this error, also in the nutos configurator:

avr-gcc -c -mmcu=atmega128 -Os -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wa,-ahlms=testcode.lst -DETHERNUT1 -D__HARVARD_ARCH__ -IC:/ethernut-4.8.8/nutbld13h/include  -IC:/ethernut-4.8.8/nut/include  testcode.c -o testcode.o
In file included from C:/ethernut-4.8.8/nut/include/arch/avr/gcc.h:78,
                 from C:/ethernut-4.8.8/nut/include/arch/avr.h:94,
                 from C:/ethernut-4.8.8/nut/include/compiler.h:75,
                 from C:/ethernut-4.8.8/nut/include/sys/types.h:167,
                 from C:/ethernut-4.8.8/nut/include/sys/file.h:53,
                 from C:/ethernut-4.8.8/nut/include/sys/device.h:102,
                 from C:/ethernut-4.8.8/nut/include/dev/debug.h:97,
                 from C:/ethernut-4.8.8/nut/include/dev/board.h:105,
                 from testcode.c:1:
c:/winavr/lib/gcc/../../avr/include/avr/pgmspace.h:222: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'prog_int64_t'
c:/winavr/lib/gcc/../../avr/include/avr/pgmspace.h:223: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'prog_uint64_t'
testcode.c: In function 'NutAppMain':
testcode.c:11: warning: implicit declaration of function '_ioctl'
make.exe: *** [testcode.o] Error 1

> Process Exit Code: 2
> Time Taken: 00:00

I have the SPDuo connected and the power supply when programming in avr studio, and when i was trying to get the basemon program, i had the power supply and the DB-9 connected to the pc. When i´m working with avr studio the power supply, the yellow and the green led are on. But when i was trying to get to the basemon program, only the power supply led and the green one were on.

I know it´s a lot to ask, but it´s been a while since i´ve been having these problems. I hope you guys can help me out:/.