[En-Nut-Discussion] NUT/OS and lm3s6965

Henrik Maier hmnews at proconx.com
Tue Mar 15 22:56:23 CET 2011

Hi,

I had a look recently at the 9000 series (LM3S9B96 et al). From the
specs those chips look like a great offering with integrated PHY which I
like.

But have a look at the LM3S9B96 errata. There are two big concerns
listed with the current C3/C5 revision. One is "Flash memory endurance
cycle specification is 100 cycles" the other one is "Flash corruption or
device failure may occur at power on" . Both are highly critical issues
and until this is fixed I consider the chips a no-go.

But the biggest issue seems availability. Nobody seem to stock them.

According to the following post, TI seems to have supply problems for
quite some time, even for older Stellaris chips:

http://e2e.ti.com/support/microcontrollers/stellaris_arm_cortex-m3_microcontroller/f/471/t/91141.aspx

So I am still researching what the best CPU choice for a new Nut/OS
based design would be. ST STM32xxx, NXP LPC23xxx or Atmel AT91SAM7XC512?

Cheers

Henrik