[En-Nut-Discussion] ethernut board 3.1d code example to use Expansion port memory bus as GPIO(5 volt tolerant!)

Paul Govers p.govers at triple-it.nl
Fri Mar 18 12:50:13 CET 2011

Hello there,

Is there a example how to use the Expansion port memory bus(with 8-bit
data and 16-bit address) for GPIO usage, I want to use them because they
are 5 volt tolerant.

My thirst solution is to write to the CPLD Registers(0x21000000 -
0x210FFFFF) but this is 20 bit instead of 24 bit(8data+16address).

I have also read the page
http://old.nabble.com/DIO-with-ethernut-3.0-Rev-D-td3276612.html#a235618
39 where the last messages is about controlling CDR[0-7] but without an
solution.

Finally I want to use CDR0 for reading my temperature  sensor
(DS1820)with my Ethernut board 3.1d

I hope someone has a simple example for me

Paul Govers