[En-Nut-Discussion] RFC: Copyright of trivial code

Henrik Maier hmnews at proconx.com
Sun Mar 20 23:51:52 CET 2011

On 21/03/2011 8:30 AM, Henrik Maier wrote:
> Hi Harald,
>> As Bernd correctly stated, at least in many European countries you
>> cannot disclaim a copyright. Copyrights may expire, but the period is
>> fixed by law.
>
> Maybe that topic needs more research or there is some misunderstanding
> what copyright transfer and assignment means.
>
> I believe copyright assignment and transfer can be done in almost any
> country. Definitely in Germany, Australia, UK and the US.

Sorry, my misunderstanding here, because I mixed up "disclaimer" and
"transfer/assignment". It is the public domain concept which is very
different in for example Germany and to my astonishment indeed not
possible to put something in the public domain there.
(http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gemeinfreiheit)

With no public domain concept possible for the example files, we are
back to square one now and like Ulrich said we may best stick to the
current BSD header concept.

Henrik