[En-Nut-Discussion] RFC: Copyright of trivial code

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Mon Mar 21 09:54:12 CET 2011

Hi Henrik,

On 3/20/2011 11:51 PM, Henrik Maier wrote:

> Sorry, my misunderstanding here, because I mixed up "disclaimer" and
> "transfer/assignment".

That's the point: In some countries you cannot disclaim a copyright.

> With no public domain concept possible for the example files, we are
> back to square one now and like Ulrich said we may best stick to the
> current BSD header concept.

I came to the same conclusion.

Btw. many of these simple files had been created exclusively by me.
Ulrich had concerns, that I may change copyrights without getting the
original author involved. I have no intention to do so. On the other
hand, as the original author I'm free to re-release the same files at
any time under any license I wish. However, once released under BSDL,
I'm not able to withdraw that status from BSDL.