[En-Nut-Discussion] detecting an unplugged network cable

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Thu Nov 10 23:15:34 CET 2011

Hi!

> Are you there? Can you please answer this?

Sorry, I'm currently not in the office and can not check the code right
no. AFAIK the missing cable is not realy detected (better said:
announced to the user) at least in the AT91 code.

But first question: For which architecture?

Did we just agree for a API call?

> I stopped PHY development as there where some bigger EMAC changes
> announced. So if you can give me a status update I might merge my PHY
> driver in and we have a true cable detection upon other things.

I have not changed the EMAC code, but AFAIK multiple ethernet interface
support should be added. I do not know who is working on this currently.

From my side merging your PHY driver seems to be a good idea.

Bye,

Ole

--

Thermotemp GmbH, Embedded-IT

Embedded Hard-/ Software and Open Source Development,
Integration and Consulting

http://www.embedded-it.de

Geschäftsstelle Siegen - Steinstraße 67 - D-57072 Siegen -
tel +49 (0)271 5513597, +49 (0)271-73681 - fax +49 (0)271 736 97

Hauptsitz - Hademarscher Weg 7 - 13503 Berlin
Tel +49 (0)30 4315205 - Fax +49 (0)30 43665002
Geschäftsführer: Jörg Friedrichs, Ole Reinhardt
Handelsregister Berlin Charlottenburg HRB 45978 UstID DE 156329280