[En-Nut-Discussion] Building Linux source package

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Tue Nov 15 17:32:20 CET 2011

Hi Linux users,

As explained in

http://lists.egnite.de/pipermail/en-nut-discussion/2011-August/012993.html

I'm no longer able to create a Linux package, because

 make distcheck

still fails.

I was able to solve the initial problem 'no rule to make target INSTALL'. The new layout with several automake top directories requires to have the file INSTALL in each subdir.

But still no luck :-(.

Due to problems with wxWidgets on my machine, I tried to --disable-nutconf, but this doesn't seem to work. After removing the nutconf part from Makefile.am I took that hurdle.

Now it fails at qnutconf with 'No rule to make target ui_mainwindow.h'. SIGH!

For hours I'm desperately studying automake samples in the web and trying to get the source code package built. Btw. building from subversion works fine.

May be I'm on the wrong track. Is there any other way to build a source package that allows the user to ./configure, make and make install Nut/OS the standard way?

I'm quite frustrated,