[En-Nut-Discussion] Building Linux source package

Thiago A. Corrêa thiago.correa at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 18:00:06 CET 2011

Hi Harald,

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 2:32 PM, Harald Kipp <harald.kipp at egnite.de> wrote:

> Due to problems with wxWidgets on my machine, I tried to --disable-nutconf, but this doesn't seem to work. After removing the nutconf part from Makefile.am I took that hurdle.
>
> Now it fails at qnutconf with 'No rule to make target ui_mainwindow.h'. SIGH!

Couldn't the auto tools scripts simply call qmake? It really knows
best how to build the Makefiles than auto tools would IMHO.

> For hours I'm desperately studying automake samples in the web and trying to get the source code package built. Btw. building from subversion works fine.
>
> May be I'm on the wrong track. Is there any other way to build a source package that allows the user to ./configure, make and make install Nut/OS the standard way?

I feel your pain, I've tried to fix those scripts to find Lua under
gentoo once and I couldn't accomplish anything.
Could we consider an alternative? (hiding from angry mob with torches) :)

Btw, how would you feel about retiring the wxWidgets configurator?

Kind Regards,
     Thiago A. Correa