[En-Nut-Discussion] branches/devnut_m3n: Status of device support

Ulrich Prinz ulrich.prinz at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 19 22:46:08 CEST 2011

Hi Harald,

On 19.10.2011 12:13, Harald Kipp wrote:
> Hi Ulrich,
>
> On 18.07.2011 15:35, Ulrich Prinz wrote:
>> I thought about doing this myself some month ago, but there was no time
>> to do it. But as at home my compiler setup is not finished but
>> everything else works, I should start it.
>
> The trunk had been frozen to allow development branches to merge.
>
> http://lists.egnite.de/pipermail/en-nut-discussion/2011-June/012866.html

I didn't forget about that...

> I understood, that you needed more time to set up your environment after
> switching from Windows to Linux. No problem so far.

Device support... Yes, some things are handled a bit different for some
CPU devices as they are in AVR and ARM. Porting the ARM is not a problem
as it even makes code easier for it.

> However, the trunk had been blocked now for more than 3 months. I
> already started to apply important fixes to the 4.10 branch only. Over
> the time this will become a problem. Furthermore, I need to apply some
> general changes to the trunk, like removing the CONST macro.

The problem is, that I do 50..60h per week for the project I initially
ported STM32 for. I am about 4 weeks before the final release and then I
still have more than half of my holiday time left.

> Do you have any idea how long it may take to merge the devnut_m3n
> branch? Or should I go ahead updating the trunk?

My guess is that you open the trunk again for all people to go. It
doesn't matter to me if I merge 4.10.x or 4.11.x with CM3 to build a
5.0.0. But I already fell some shame that I couldn't deliver in time. On
the other hand, job goes first and besides that it improved my local
version of devnut_m3n more and more. So the result should be even better.

> To all: How about the remaining devel branches? Is there anything to
> merge? For example, devnut_inet6 have been created, but it looks like
> nothing had been done here, specifically no syncing.
>
>From the ones that I opened just keep the stm32. I need it later for the
merge.

> The only branches, that are currently active and almost in sync are
> devnut_tls and nut-4_10-branch, right?

Never heard of tls...

Best regards
Ulrich