[En-Nut-Discussion] Which is the latest greatest branch

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Fri Oct 28 10:13:36 CEST 2011

Hi Ulrich,

On 27.10.2011 23:36, Ulrich Prinz wrote:
>> Still not sure, if I should apply Ole's commits manually.
>>
> If you're using Tortoise SVN you can right-click drag-drop and the
> select move versioned files here.
> Then leave the work to tortoise to commit that all right. It will result
> in a controlled delete / add action.

But that is manual, isn't it? For syncing a branch, I use

svn mergeinfo http://svn/example/trunk --show-revs eligible

to get a list of commits, which are not yet in the branch. To view one
of them, I use

svn diff -c XXXX http://svn/example/trunk

To do the merge, I use

svn merge -c XXXX http://svn/example/trunk

The problem with manual merging is, that the mergeinfo gets lost.

>> While you will be moving a lot of files: Please try to avoid upper case
>> letters and non-alphanumerical characters in file and directory names,
>> except underline and dot. Upper case letters spoil sorting and should be
>> used only, if this is intended, like with 'README'.
>
> I do not remember that I used anything else for names and directories
> but underscore and lower case letters.

Probably not introduced by you then, but in devnut_m3n I found

 nut/include/arch/cm3/cortexM3.h

Should be corrected before being moved to the trunk.

> The only thing that I might have lost while porting is the delay loop...
> I did something to it, but then I never checked if it really hits the
> spot. I never needed it as all drivers work on interrupts or DMA or flags.

I guess that delay loop calculation is broken for several targets. The
problem is, that it depends on many items.

P.S.: Regarding directory names for ARM architectures, please see by
response to Henrik.