[En-Nut-Discussion] lua5.1 vs lua in PKG_CHECK_MODULES

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Apr 4 17:14:46 CEST 2012

Hello,

for me, autogen.sh chokes on lua, also the library,development headers and
pkgconfig infrastructure is installed (Opensuse 11.4 on X86_64). While the
configure.ac files search for lua5.1, here only
/usr/lib64/pkgconfig/lua.pc
is installed, also with the right version:
> /usr/bin/pkg-config --modversion lua
5.1.4

By omitting the explicit version like
-PKG_CHECK_MODULES(NUTCONF, [lua5.1])
+PKG_CHECK_MODULES(NUTCONF, [lua])

autogen.sh succeeds.

How is the right way to fix?

Should I (and all other SUSE users) make a symbolic link to lua5.1 in
/usr/lib64/pkgconfig/ or should the configure.ac file be fixed?

Thanks
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de