[En-Nut-Discussion] lua5.1 vs lua in PKG_CHECK_MODULES

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu Apr 5 10:47:36 CEST 2012

Hi Uwe,

On 04.04.2012 17:14, Uwe Bonnes wrote:
> By omitting the explicit version like
> -PKG_CHECK_MODULES(NUTCONF, [lua5.1])
> +PKG_CHECK_MODULES(NUTCONF, [lua])
>
> autogen.sh succeeds.
>
> How is the right way to fix?
>
> Should I (and all other SUSE users) make a symbolic link to lua5.1 in
> /usr/lib64/pkgconfig/ or should the configure.ac file be fixed?

If I remember correctly, Ole's original version uses [lua]. It fails here on Ubuntu 11 and worked after I changed it to [lua5.1].

I'd prefer to have something working out of the box, without forcing the installer to set a couple of links beforehand. Earlier versions of configure.ac somehow automatically discovered the Lua version.

http://ethernut.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/ethernut/trunk/configure.ac?revision=3791&view=markup

May be we can re-implement something like this again?