[En-Nut-Discussion] TFTP Download to Ethernut 5

Gregor Mackenzie gregor.mackenzie80 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 12:12:34 CEST 2012

Vegard,

Some tips:
1. Ensure that you use a hub for the PC connection so that DHCP etc are all
correctly set up for you.
1a. check your firewall.
1b. use a suitable external power supply.
2. Ensure that ipaddr is configured as this is your board's assigned IP
address.
3. set bootcmd to an empty string to stop Linux loading automatically
4. ensure that the TFTP32 TFTP server is bound to the correct network in
the settings dialog.
5. ensure that the U-boot command variable for the TFTP server is set to
the same port address as the TFTP server is bound to.
6. If 4 doesn't work, set serverip to the same address.
7. The default load address is 0x20000000. Make sure you type 7 '0's. Ahem!
:(

Failing this, you can use the loadb command to download over the serial
connection using the Kermit transfer protocol into SDRAM.

I can have a look at downloading your .bin file into my Ethernut 5 to
double-check if you like.

Best regards

Gregor Mackenzie
gregor.mackenzie80 at gmail.com