[En-Nut-Discussion] Nut/OS 5.0 and STM32 Support

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Wed Aug 22 23:47:23 CEST 2012

Hi Harald,

> This will also bring up another topic: Releasing. Beginning of the year
> (or was it end of last year) I met Ole and Bernd here at egnite and
> Bernd was most helpful in explaining the Nut/OS track to IPv6 to us.
> Ole suggested, to include at least basic IPv6 support before releasing
> version 5. But not much had been done yet (no excuses, we had all been
> very busy). I first considered to create another minor version 4.12, to
> at least add a number of useful extensions, which are available for
> version 5 only, excluding CM3.

Yes, I would like to see the IPv6 included in the 5er release. When we
sit together I planned to implement the IPv6 as part of a project. But
customers project plans changed and I had to concentrate on other whings
first. Our normal business...

> As time goes by, what's your opinion? Should I move forward, releasing
> 5.0-rc1 as a first version with STM32/LPC/Cortex-M3 support

I would really like to see an official release with the cortex port included.
So would vote to release a 5.0-rc and later add the IPv6 support.

Just my 2ct,

Ole

| WWW.R-WEB.DE                                                    |
| Ole Reinhardt                                                   |
| Alter Weg 3                                                     |
| 57223 Kreuztal       Mobil:             +49 (0)177  7420433     |
| Germany              eMail:          ole.reinhardt at r-web.de     |
|_________________________________________________________________|

--

Thermotemp GmbH, Embedded-IT

Embedded Hard-/ Software and Open Source Development,
Integration and Consulting

http://www.embedded-it.de

Geschäftsstelle Siegen - Steinstraße 67 - D-57072 Siegen -
tel +49 (0)271 5513597, +49 (0)271-73681 - fax +49 (0)271 736 97

Hauptsitz - Hademarscher Weg 7 - 13503 Berlin
Tel +49 (0)30 4315205 - Fax +49 (0)30 43665002
Geschäftsführer: Jörg Friedrichs, Ole Reinhardt
Handelsregister Berlin Charlottenburg HRB 45978 UstID DE 156329280