[En-Nut-Discussion] Cortex M3 port finally integrated into trunk

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu Aug 23 12:52:42 CEST 2012

On 23.08.2012 12:27, Ole Reinhardt wrote:
>> In the future we should take more care about the topic a branch is created for.
>
> Yes. Do we yet have a "porting guideline"?

http://www.ethernut.de/en/firmware/porting.html

But that's not related to svn. And svn branches are not limited to porting.

There are 2 things to consider:

1. Properly using svn. This is explained in the svn manual, which also provides some real world examples about branching and merging.
2. How community project should deal with repositories.

Regarding the latter: We must insist on regular syncing of branches. Branches, which never have been merged back into the trunk (directly or indirectly) and which were out of sync for more than a few months, should be deleted. I think that this is not just a Nut/OS related problem and related guides may already exist for other projects.