[En-Nut-Discussion] Cortex M3 port finally integrated into trunk

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Thu Aug 23 13:26:14 CEST 2012

Hi!

> There are 2 things to consider:
>
> 1. Properly using svn. This is explained in the svn manual, which also
> provides some real world examples about branching and merging.

> 2. How community project should deal with repositories.

> Regarding the latter:
> We must insist on regular syncing of branches. Branches, which never
> have been merged back into the trunk (directly or indirectly) and which
> were out of sync for more than a few months, should be deleted. I think
> that this is not just a Nut/OS related problem and related guides may
> already exist for other projects.

Yes, merging the M3N branch was horrible, as it has been out of sync.

Therefor we should perhaps keep an eye on newly created branches and and
should warmly recommend the SVN tutorials to everybody creating a new
branch.

Regards,

Ole

--

Thermotemp GmbH, Embedded-IT

Embedded Hard-/ Software and Open Source Development,
Integration and Consulting

http://www.embedded-it.de

Geschäftsstelle Siegen - Steinstraße 67 - D-57072 Siegen -
tel +49 (0)271 5513597, +49 (0)271-73681 - fax +49 (0)271 736 97

Hauptsitz - Hademarscher Weg 7 - 13503 Berlin
Tel +49 (0)30 4315205 - Fax +49 (0)30 43665002
Geschäftsführer: Jörg Friedrichs, Ole Reinhardt
Handelsregister Berlin Charlottenburg HRB 45978 UstID DE 156329280