[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut 1.3H External RAM problem

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Thu Dec 20 14:32:17 CET 2012

Hi!

> so now I have Ethernet & Buffer ICs working, but the SRAM chip not working.
>
> do you think that the over voltage , may burn some lines between SRAM and
> uC?,

Yes it is very likely that the µC got destroyed internally. Each µC pin
is bonded to the silicon dye with very thin gold wires, they might got
burned internally in the chip. And also some single pads might got
burned internally while the rest of the µC is still working.

>  recently I noticed some strange behavior for the uC, e.g: I can't do
> any while loop that include any kind of delay, I can't blink led with time
> delay 1 sec, also it's supposed that most of applications that doesn't
> have Ethernet code to work fine without external RAM, however I just can
> run only Basemon application only, any other simple application  doesn't
> work on my uC, what does't mean?

That might mean that the timer peripheral got destroyed as well.

I would strongly suggest to replace the µC as well.

Bye,

Ole

--

Thermotemp GmbH, Embedded-IT

Embedded Hard-/ Software and Open Source Development,
Integration and Consulting

http://www.embedded-it.de

Geschäftsstelle Siegen - Steinstraße 67 - D-57072 Siegen -
tel +49 (0)271 5513597, +49 (0)271-73681 - fax +49 (0)271 736 97

Hauptsitz - Hademarscher Weg 7 - 13503 Berlin
Tel +49 (0)30 4315205 - Fax +49 (0)30 43665002
Geschäftsführer: Jörg Friedrichs, Ole Reinhardt
Handelsregister Berlin Charlottenburg HRB 45978 UstID DE 156329280