[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut 1.3H External RAM problem

Ayman Hendawy ayman.hendawy at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 07:20:14 CET 2012

Hi,

Yes Oli, you are right, I destroyed my board with applying 12V instead of
5V on the VCC supply line, and I found that the Ethernet, Buffer, SRAM ICs,
all burned, I replaced them, the Ethernet and buffer is working I test
them, and according to the ATmega128, I has to put buffer of AHC family not
HC, and I already did it.

so now I have Ethernet & Buffer ICs working, but the SRAM chip not working.

do you think that the over voltage , may burn some lines between SRAM and
uC?, recently I noticed some strange behavior for the uC, e.g: I can't do
any while loop that include any kind of delay, I can't blink led with time
delay 1 sec, also it's supposed that most of applications that doesn't
have Ethernet code to work fine without external RAM, however I just can
run only Basemon application only, any other simple application  doesn't
work on my uC, what does't mean?

Thanks

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 1:49 PM, Ole Reinhardt <ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de