[En-Nut-Discussion] Fwd: Thermotemp : eNet sam3X

Guillaume Fortaine guillaume.fortaine at devopspace.com
Tue Feb 14 04:14:16 CET 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Guillaume Fortaine <guillaume.fortaine at devopspace.com>
Date: Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 9:16 PM
Subject: Thermotemp : eNet sam3X
To: ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Cc: Henrik Maier <hmnews at proconx.com>, Ulrich Prinz
<ulrich.prinz at googlemail.com>, bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de

Dear Mister Reinhardt,

First of all, I would like to wish you and the people around you an
happy new year.

Let me introduce myself : Guillaume FORTAINE, Cloudpreneur :

http://www.linkedin.com/in/gfortaine

Having seen with interest the news about your eNet sam3X  project, I
would greatly
appreciate to have more informations about it, if possible, please. To
quote [0] :

"01.03.2011 Cortex M3 version of the module sam7X eNet-planned! from
Q3/Q4 2011 is a version of the Cortex M3-sam7X eNet module will be
available. The eNet sam3X-module course is pin compatible and is based
on the Atmel CPU Sam3X! First engineering samples will be available
shortly"

Especially,  I would greatly appreciate to know how it compares against :

-ST Cortex M3 STM32F207 Development Board Ethernet USB Device/Host CAN [1]

-etherarm [2] :

"This hardware is similar in concept to the Maple hardware from leaf
labs. The reason for diverging from their approach is to use the LM3S
series of Cortex-M3 processors from TI; the particular processor
selected features an integrated Ethernet MAC and PHY providing
Ethernet without requiring an additional external PHY."

By the way, do you plan a devnut_m3n Ethernut branch port for it [3] ?

"devnut_m3n branch of the SVN ethernut tree, used for housekeeping."

I look forward to your answer,

Best Regards,

[0] http://embedded-it.de/
[1] http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190638488534