[En-Nut-Discussion] Fwd: Nut/OS BSD License (was Re: branches\devnut_m3n and STM32F2 devices)

Henrik Maier hmnews at proconx.com
Tue Feb 14 05:25:59 CET 2012

Hello Guillaume,

In reference to the article you are referring to, the situation for an
embedded OS which is linked is very different to an OS like Linux. It is
possible to use GPLed Linux with closed source applications. But if
Nut/OS would be GPL, it would not be possible to keep your application
code closed source which some users may prefer for commercial reasons.

I believe the reason that Nut/OS has a BSD license contributes to the
fact that we have a large commercial user base.

Henrik