[En-Nut-Discussion] Feature Request: Create Application Directory" for (q)nutconf

Thiago A. Corrêa thiago.correa at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 20:38:12 CET 2012

Hi,

I have been wondering for a while how we could have a "New Project
with Nut/OS" kind of wizard, like visual studio, into qnutconf and how
it would build you the basic makefiles. It's interesting to know how
ppl actually use Nut/OS in their environment.

In particular, I keep my nuts/os in c:\programming\ethernut and my
projects as c:\programming\comm5\firmware\<project>
Inside <project> I create a makefile that references the sample
makefiles like this:

include /programming/ethernut/nutapp/Makedefs

SRCS =  mysource.c
LIBS =  $(LIBDIR)/nutinit.o -lnutos -lnutarch -lnutdev -lnutcrt -lnutc -lnutgorp
OBJS =  $(SRCS:.c=.o)
TARG =  $(PROJ).hex

all: $(OBJS) $(TARG) $(ITARG) $(DTARG)

dep:
	$(CC) -I$(top_srcdir)/include -M main.c

include /programming/ethernut/nutapp/Makerules

It's simple and shouldn't be hard to generate, yet I don't think it's
simple enough for the beginner. I'm interested in opinions.

Kind Regards,
    Thiago A. Correa