[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut 5 + Eclipse tutorial

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Mon Feb 20 20:05:55 CET 2012

Hi Markus,

On 20.02.2012 11:17, Markus Dost wrote:
> 	warning: unrecognized item "timeout" in "qSupported" response
> 	Ignoring packet error, continuing ...
> 	Ignoring packet error, continuing ...
> 	Ignoring packet error, continuing ...
> 	Ignoring packet error, continuing ...
> 	Ignoring packet error, continuing ...
> 	load C:\\ethernut-4.10\\nutapp\\events\\events.elf
> 	You can't do that when your target is 'None'"
>
> The settings for the debugger are the same as in the tutorial. Is it
> necessary to start a GDB-server? I'm very new at this stuff ...

OpenOCD works as a GDB server in this case and yes, it needs to be started, either manually or from within OpenOCD.

http://www.ethernut.de/en/tools/eclipse/confdebug.html
(Near the end of that page)

The tricky part may be how to start it. You may set the SDRAM Configuration in Eclipse

http://www.ethernut.de/en/hardware/enut5/enut50scd43.png

but I prefer the command line version

openocd -d3 -s ../../nut/tools/turtelizer2 -c "source [find interface/turtelizer2.cfg]" -c "source [find board/ethernut5.cfg]" -c init -c "reset init" -c halt

as done here

http://www.ethernut.de/img/indigo-debug-tools.png

In this case you don't need to specify any montior commands

http://www.ethernut.de/img/indigo-debug-config-startup.png
(Textarea below "Halt" is left empty)

Best regards,