[En-Nut-Discussion] Devnut_m3n: architecture dependend directories

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Mon Jan 16 16:58:29 CET 2012

Hi!

> May be we could place a makefile in every arch/ directory and one that
> selects the right directory and includes the Makefile there.
> Then we only have to clearify a naming convention for some files and functions.

What about a similar mechanism like the linux kernel does?

If you have a

arch/cm3/... directory it will be symlinked to

include/arch

or similar. I just don't know if Windows (or the bash for windows which
is supplied with Yagarto) does support symlinks.

This way we could have a virtually common directory structure. There we
could place an arch.h which the includes all necessary architecture
specific files.

> So we need to create a arch.h for every existing architecture and that
> one includes standrised nut/os tokens.
>
> So every architecture could define
> #define NUT_DEV_USART1
> #define NUT_DEV_USART2
> and it could do it with logical numbers or addresses or pointers,
> whatever it needs.
>
> The user just includes arch.h and uses the tokens.

Thats just done with the board.h, isn't it? In fact that's not the
clearest solution.

Bye,

Ole

--

Thermotemp GmbH, Embedded-IT

Embedded Hard-/ Software and Open Source Development,
Integration and Consulting

http://www.embedded-it.de

Geschäftsstelle Siegen - Steinstraße 67 - D-57072 Siegen -
tel +49 (0)271 5513597, +49 (0)271-73681 - fax +49 (0)271 736 97

Hauptsitz - Hademarscher Weg 7 - 13503 Berlin
Tel +49 (0)30 4315205 - Fax +49 (0)30 43665002
Geschäftsführer: Jörg Friedrichs, Ole Reinhardt
Handelsregister Berlin Charlottenburg HRB 45978 UstID DE 156329280