[En-Nut-Discussion] Devnut_m3n: architecture dependend directories

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Tue Jan 17 13:14:09 CET 2012

Hi!

> The windows junction utility from sysinternals may be of use. I use that
> now for dropping different versions of winavr in and out of play.

I did not know this tool yet, but it seems that the symlinks on Windows
only work with NTFS partitions. Obviously most Windows users will have
installed their system on NTFS disks, but some meight want to use their
development tree on (external) FAT formatted disks that may fail then.

So I hope the emulated unix environment provides standard unix symlinks
as well (which should work regardless of the undelaying filesystem).

Anyone out there who has more Windows experience than me (sorry, I'm a
Linux user)?

Bye,

Ole

--

Thermotemp GmbH, Embedded-IT

Embedded Hard-/ Software and Open Source Development,
Integration and Consulting

http://www.embedded-it.de

Geschäftsstelle Siegen - Steinstraße 67 - D-57072 Siegen -
tel +49 (0)271 5513597, +49 (0)271-73681 - fax +49 (0)271 736 97

Hauptsitz - Hademarscher Weg 7 - 13503 Berlin
Tel +49 (0)30 4315205 - Fax +49 (0)30 43665002
Geschäftsführer: Jörg Friedrichs, Ole Reinhardt
Handelsregister Berlin Charlottenburg HRB 45978 UstID DE 156329280