[En-Nut-Discussion] Nut/OS and AVR32

Thiago A. Corrêa thiago.correa at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 18:21:13 CEST 2012

Hi Markus,

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 11:12 AM, Markus Dost <markus.dost at dr-clauss.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just want to know, whether the work on the AVR32 port of Nut/OS is
> still running? The last update at the project page
> (http://code.google.com/p/ethernut-uc3/wiki/CurrentStatus) is from
> February 2009.

That repository has been integrated as Harald mentioned, but what is
listed in this wiki entry is more or less what is available. I should
move this information to Nut/OS Wiki page sometime.

There has been work recently on the SPI driver by Daniel Fiedler, and
he was able to drive the LCD display on the EVK1100 that uses SPI.
Not mentioned there, but it has been ported to UC3L family, and it
should work as well as the UC3A/B family.

The serial driver is working very well in production environment. The
major missing feature AFAIK is still the flash driver, so we could
save settings in the non-volatile memory. Since the AVR32 has only
flash memory, that's where we will have to store it. Probably reduce
the code area a little bit with the ld scripts and reserve some space
for settings.

Is there a specific feature in that list that you are interested? I
might be able to provide more info upon request :)

Kind Regards,
    Thiago A. Correa