[En-Nut-Discussion] devnut_m3n: Merging to trunk, the SVN way

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu Mar 15 14:27:17 CET 2012

    Ulrich> Right: Uwe consider the following steps: Checkout a fresh copy
    Ulrich> from devnut_m3n Branch this to i.e. dev_uwe_cm3integration and,
    Ulrich> important!, switch this copy to this new branch.

Do I have appropriate rights on sourceforge?

    Ulrich> ( or use repository tools to copy devnut_m3n to
    Ulrich> dev_uwe_cm3integration and checkout that branch directly)

    >> For sure you could also create a new branch from trunk and merge the
    >> devnut_m3n branch to this new branch.
    >>
    Ulrich> And in opposite to that, merge all newer revisions from trunk to
    Ulrich> the branch. Where newer means everything that is newer in trunk
    Ulrich> compared to devnut_m3n is now merged to dev_uwe_cm3integration.
    >>
    Ulrich> After that you start to compile for all and any supported
    Ulrich> platform and check for errors, warnings and so on.

Ahm, I can do some test for AVR and STM32, but that's all.

After integration help and review from others is needed.

When checking in revisions from trunk, should I check in the results after
resolving conflicts or should all happen one single step. I think the first
solution is better, but it will create a lot of clutter in the log.

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de