[En-Nut-Discussion] Configuration: Is there something like a "forced" macro?

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Fri Oct 5 15:20:26 CEST 2012

    >> That way we could get rid of all the inclusion on top of
    >> include/dev/board.h and only have #if defined(PLATFORM_HEADER)
    >> #include PLATFORM_HEADER #endif

    Harald> Now I got it. I'm afraid, AFAIK, C89 doesn't provide macro
    Harald> expansion in include directives.

Argh, legacy handling.

Is there perhaps a way to copy and rename
<include/arch/<arch>/board/<platform>.h> to include/cfg/board.h during
configuration and then have
#if defined(PLATFORM_HEADER)
#include <cfg/board.h>
#endif

or

#else
( put the list of contitional inclusions as we have it in the moment
#endif

?

Anything that allows for a custom board without changes in the distributed
code would help. But the copy process must happen. If cfg/board.h only
exists in the build directory, it would be very easy to purge it.

    Harald> First you need to become familiar with part IV of

    Harald> http://www.lua.org/pil/

I think that is nothing for me at the moment.

Byw
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de