[En-Nut-Discussion] Configuration: Is there something like a "forced" macro?

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Fri Oct 5 17:08:38 CEST 2012

Hi Uwe,

On 05.10.2012 15:20, Uwe Bonnes wrote:

> Is there perhaps a way to copy and rename
> <include/arch/<arch>/board/<platform>.h> to include/cfg/board.h during
> configuration and then have
> #if defined(PLATFORM_HEADER)
> #include <cfg/board.h>
> #endif
>
> or
>
> #else
> ( put the list of contitional inclusions as we have it in the moment
> #endif
>
> ?

I see no reason why this couldn't be implemented in a make file.

As a side note: I'll try to enable building in the source tree again.
After upgrading some libraries, it may happen, that building Nut/OS
tools fails. Building in the source tree is meant as a last resort, if
all attempts to build the GUI or the command line version of the
Configurator fail. Some years ago this had been working well and I do
not see any real obstacles to reawaken this feature. While the old
version was based on a shell script, I started to replace this by a Lua
script. Lua is more portable than shell scripts and widely available.
The current version lib/nutsetup.lua has been tested with Ethernut 1.
However, it is currently required to manually copy
Makedefs/rules.avr-gcc to Makedefs/rules (without extension). I'll add
this later to the script.

Please consider this old/new feature. Of course, copying files is no
problem for Lua. If you do it in the Makefile, it will not even require
any change on the script.

>     Harald> http://www.lua.org/pil/
>
> I think that is nothing for me at the moment.

It's quite confusing to me too. If possible, I try to avoid any changes
in that area.