[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut on TI's Cortex-M3 (Stellaris LM3S...)

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Sun Oct 28 18:27:13 CET 2012

    Philipp> Then, another concern is the whole licensing shit. While
    Philipp> checking the patch above, I skimmed through TI's license file
    Philipp> for the CMSIS, located in nut/include/arch/cm3/lm3/vendor/. I
    Philipp> don't really understand it, but is it possible, that TI
    Philipp> basically prohibits the redistribution of these files? If so,
    Philipp> we would need to add another annoying hurdle for possible users
    Philipp> and require them to download and unpack the headers
    Philipp> themselves. I really hate it.

Huch,

anything licensed under
(lm3)nut/include/arch/cm3/lm3/vendor/license.html
should never and probably will never go into Ethernut. It is in total
contrast to
(lm3)nut/include/arch/cm3/lm3/vendor/lm3s9b96.h
Does above license apply to another group of files? Does one hand at  TI
eventually not know what the other hands does?

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de