[En-Nut-Discussion] System Restartting

Ayman Hendawy ayman.hendawy at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 23:25:08 CEST 2012

Hi,

I have ethernut board 1.3H running Ethernut 4.8.9, I created 2 tasks plus 4
HTTPD tasks, the problem is that I found the board restart after about 10
or 15 min.

The 4 HTTPD tasks was taken without any modification from ethernut HTTPD
example.

First, I created the two tasks with stack size 512 bytes, after the system
is running for about 10min, I found the board restart, I'm sure it restart
as I found a function call at the beginning of the main function running.

After that I made the two tasks as a while 1 loop just printing each task
name, then the board stop restarting and working in a normal way printing
only that two strings.

Then I return one of the two tasks to its normal code (delete the while 1
loop), but keep the while 1 loop of the second task, then I found the board
restart again, but when I changed the stack size of both tasks to 1024,
while keep the complete code of one task and the other task is just while 1
loop, I found the system work normally without restarting.

But when I return back the complete code of both tasks (delete the while 1
loop), the system again restart.

I don't know what is the problem, and how to fix this restarting issue, any
suggestions....................

Thanks

--
Best regards