[En-Nut-Discussion] Timeouts in Microseconds

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Sat Apr 6 16:33:22 CEST 2013

Hi,

> Your question brings me another one: Is there any interference
> between using nutos  and using hardware in the same code? My intend
> was to use nutos call for modbus tcp protocol (use of tcp socket),
> and hardware pwm on PORTB, with settings for pwm provided from analog
> input of ADC via PORTF.
>
> At this time hardware code for PWM and ADC is finished yet. I have
> now to program TCP, so I just begun to discover use of nutos.
>
> Should I write everything with nutos calls, including pwm and ADC?

You can mix up Nut/OS calls with your own "driver" programming as much
as you like. But if you think that your work might be of value for
orthers too, you yould think about writing a real API and share it with
the community.

And for sure you can use the Nut/OS ADC api for example as long as it
matches alls your needs or even extend it.

Best regards,

Ole

--
kernel concepts GmbH            Tel: +49-271-771091-14
Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48         Mob: +49-177-7420433