[En-Nut-Discussion] NutOS on Pollin NetIO

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Sat Apr 6 16:49:08 CEST 2013

Hi,

> Before I spent hours in porting NutOS, to then find there is not enough
> RAM, I would like to hear the experts: what do you think, is 16kB RAM
> enough for a simple http server which just accepts some "commands" like
> "http://nut/cmd?switch+1+off" and a telnet server which accepts the same
> commands?

Yes, even for more that should be sufficiant. There are people running
Nut/OS in the internal RAM of the AT90CAN128 (4K), but for sure without
the TCP Stack.

But Yes, it should be fairly sufficient for such a simple task.

Btw: You won't have to "port" that much. I'm quite sure most of the code
will run out of the box. But you will have to make some little additions
to the configurator scripts. For example nut/conf/tools.nut contains the
CPU selection and compiler settings. You should extend this file with
the settings for the Mega1284.

If you need any help, please let me know. I think there are some more
people who would like to see Nut/OS on the Net-IO board.

> Or should I keep my etherape instead and find out why telnet is sooooo
> slow (about one character per second)

No :) Try Nut/OS and have fun! :)

bye,

Ole

--
kernel concepts GmbH            Tel: +49-271-771091-14
Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48         Mob: +49-177-7420433