[En-Nut-Discussion] NutOS on Pollin NetIO

Hugo Simon hugo.simon at gmx.de
Sat Apr 6 16:41:04 CEST 2013

> - You have quite limited, ram, right? I think the ATMega1284 has 16K?
>    That not "too much".
That is exactly what I fear. I want to implement a simple website and a
telnet compatible command prompt.
For now I do it with etherape on a mega644 but I cannot get the telnet
to work correctly. RAM is enough for that simple stack.

Before I spent hours in porting NutOS, to then find there is not enough
RAM, I would like to hear the experts: what do you think, is 16kB RAM
enough for a simple http server which just accepts some "commands" like
"http://nut/cmd?switch+1+off" and a telnet server which accepts the same
commands?

Or should I keep my etherape instead and find out why telnet is sooooo
slow (about one character per second)

Thorsten